Under the Swedish Presidency of the Nordic Council of Ministers 2013 Digisam/National Archives of Sweden and Media Evolution offers the conference “Open Cultural Heritage Data in the Nordic Countries.” The focus is on linkable open data. The speakers are from Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway and Sweden. The lectures will be held in “Scandinavian” and English.
The purpose of the conference is to:
– launch a network-based Nordic collaboration on shared digital heritage issues
– update the cultural heritage sector in the Nordic countries in the field of open data
– show why open data development is important for memory institutions
– show how it gives Nordic synergy by showing examples of positive results
– show the way to a constructive and concrete development in the Nordic countries.
The conference is free.
The registration is now closed.