The 1st international conference for the RICHES project – Registration is open
The tourist pose at Pisa. Photo: Suedehead CC-BY-SA
On 4-5 December this year, the conference Cultural Heritage: Recalibrating relationships will be held in the city with the Leaning Tower – Pisa. During the conference, the first results of the RICHES (Renewal, Innovation and Change: Heritage and European Society) project will be presented. RICHES is a research project funded by the European Commission, and has the following main objective according to the project’s own website:
- Reduce the distance between people and culture.
- Recalibrate the relationship between heritage professionals and heritage users in order to maximise cultural creativity.
- Ensure that the whole European community can benefit from the social and economic potential of Cultural Heritage.
The conference is organised around certain themes, such as living media and co-creation, processes of innovation, legal framework for the digital economy, and more. Several key-note speakers will hold presentations around the following subjects:
- Assessing value in cultural heritage.
- Digital cultural heritage in China.
- Broadcast archives as Cultural Heritage.
- Digital humanities and theatrical culture.
Digisam will be represented at the conference – Hope to meet you there!
Read more and register here (registration deadline 2 December). Attendance to the conference is free.